We believe that students learn best when they’re empowered, and a key way educators can do this is to give students a curriculum that reflects and respects their identities and the identities of others. While students are developing essential reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, it’s just as important for them to engage with social justice issues and develop their confidence as change agents.
That’s why we introduced Perspectives for a Diverse America, a K–12, literacy-based, anti-bias curriculum tool. It’s all online and it’s all FREE.
Whether you’re a first-time user, returning for a second look or a seasoned user, Perspectives has something for you! Our new downloadable user guide is a good starting point or a quick refresher. (And check out our student ambassadors on the cover and throughout!) This short guide explains that Perspectives is:
- designed to follow the principles of Understanding by Design;
- aligned with Teaching Tolerance’s Social Justice Standards;
- carefully curated to offer over 350 diverse readings and nearly 130 student tasks and teaching strategies;
- customizable to your students’ needs.
It’s much more than a lesson plan. Explore Perspectives today!
Find additional blogs, articles and professional development resources on Perspectives here.
- Teach with 'Perspectives for a Diverse America'
- Toolkit for "The First 100 Days"
- Celebrate LGBT Pride Month With ‘Perspectives’!
- Perspectives for a Diverse America
- Join Our Community!
- Reading Diversity
- Toolkit for "A Year in the Life"
- The First 100 Days
- A Year in the Life
- Identity. Diversity. Justice. Action.