Every teacher has that gem of an activity that's been perfected over the years—the one that always engages students and shows them a new perspective. Since you're part of the Teaching Tolerance community, there's a good chance that special activity might be about fighting bias in your classroom.
If so, send it to us! You could receive $250 and have your activity featured in the Activity Exchange section of Teaching Tolerance magazine!
Submissions should be under 400 words and include concise information on specific activities related to teaching about social justice. Activities may be for PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8 or 9-12, and they may focus on one or more subject areas.
Got an activity in mind? Here are a few tips to jumpstart your writing:
- Become familiar with previously published Activity Exchange pieces.
- Write from a personal point of view.
- Explain the learning experience step by step.
- Write several drafts and share them with your peers.
- Polish and submit to Teaching Tolerance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your full name, phone number, mailing and email address with your submission. Only the teachers whose submissions are chosen to be included in Activity Exchange will be contacted.
Your best activities already benefit your students—but sharing them through Activity Exchange benefits students across the country. We can't wait to see what you send us!