Grouping by perceived abilities is fraught with peril for students. Take a look at a video that explores this common practice and offers some effective alternatives.
*Disclaimer: This video is hosted by YouTube. Many school districts may block this particular application.
How do you determine group assignment in your classroom?
Is it important to you to create racially and ethnically diverse groups?
- “Your Child Will Be Placed in Level ...”
- L.A. Schools Go Hunting for the Gifted
- Rigor + Support = Success
- Fulfilling the American Promise: Rethinking Achievement
- Put Abilities on the Multicultural Spectrum
- Pathways to Success
- Racial Disparities Jigsaw Mini-Unit
- Getting Past ‘Stereotype Threat’
- How Stereotypes Undermine Test Scores
- What We're Reading This Week: April 8