You’re likely feeling immersed in Mix It Up by now, having browsed our online offerings, read the blogs and emails, followed updates on Facebook and Twitter. But you might be asking yourself, “What are these model schools? How were they chosen? What’s special about them?”
Model schools have learned to Mix It Up all year long. Their campaigns are well organized and well publicized and students enjoy the day. And these schools are ready to share their successful ideas.
More specifically, every model school:
- Hosts Mix It Up at Lunch Day;
- Follows the national event up with at least two additional programs or events on campus during the school year that reinforce the Mix It Up message;
- Includes various groups in planning and implementation—students, cafeteria staff, classroom aides, teachers, administrators, maybe even parents and community members;
- Takes a multi-media approach to publicity; and
- Reports that students enjoyed the day.
The more schools sign up, the more the Mix It Up buzz grows. A vital part of the Mix campaign is that you are part of this nationwide energy—so many people at so many schools working to create more inclusive atmospheres where all students may thrive.
Mix It Up at Lunch Day is Oct. 30!
Questions about Mix It Up? Ideas for Mix It Up organizers at other schools? Other thoughts? We welcome feedback–and can respond to questions–on Facebook or Twitter. You can also browse our free Mix It Up resources online.