Teaching Tolerance recognizes Mix It Up Model Schools for creating the kind of atmosphere that makes all students feel welcome.
How to Become a Mix It Up Model School
Mix It Up Model Schools will have met these criteria:
1. Participation: Your school hosted a Mix It Up at Lunch Day between the beginning of the school year and January 27. (It did not have to fall on National Mix It Up at Lunch Day, October 25.)
2. Extension: Your school followed up (or plans to follow up) with at least two additional Mix It Up-related programs or events on your campus.
3. Organization: Members from across the school community (e.g., cafeteria staff, aides, administration, teachers or students) helped organize Mix It Up.
4. Publicity: You publicized Mix It Up at Lunch Day or celebrated inclusiveness through a variety of channels, such as posters, announcements and other media.
5. Implementation: You have evidence that students and colleagues saw Mix It Up at Lunch Day as a success.
The Model School application is now closed and will re-open in 2018. Read about the 2016-2017 Model Schools here!