Teaching Tolerance recognizes Mix It Up Model Schools for creating the kind of atmosphere that makes all students feel welcome.
To apply, fill out the Model School application and tell us what makes your school exemplary. The deadline is January 27.
To apply, take about 10-15 minutes to fill out the Model School application and tell us what makes your school exemplary. In addition to needing school and contact information for the Mix coordinator, we’ll also want to know:
- What happened during your Mix event;
- How many students participated;
- Who helped organize the event;
- How your team publicized the event;
- How your team prepared students prior to the event;
- How you know your event was a success.
How to Become a Mix It Up Model School
The 2016-2017 Mix It Up Model Schools will have met these criteria:
1. Participation: Your school hosted a Mix It Up at Lunch Day between the beginning of the school year and January 27. (It did not have to fall on National Mix It Up at Lunch Day, October 25.)
2. Extension: Your school followed up (or plans to follow up) with at least two additional Mix It Up-related programs or events on your campus.
3. Organization: Members from across the school community (e.g., cafeteria staff, aides, administration, teachers or students) helped organize Mix It Up.
4. Publicity: You publicized Mix It Up at Lunch Day or celebrated inclusiveness through a variety of channels, such as posters, announcements and other media.
5. Implementation: You have evidence that students and colleagues saw Mix It Up at Lunch Day as a success.
The application is now closed. Read about the 2015-2016 Model Schools here!