- What makes us who we are?
- How are our identities today shaped by society?
- Do the ways we identify ourselves change over time?
- How do different parts of our identities combine to make us who we are?
- Do the ways we present our identities change depending on where we are or the people we are with?
- How are people similar to and different from each other?
- How can we celebrate what we have in common while also honoring our differences?
- What does it mean to say there is strength in diversity?
- What is the difference between being treated unfairly by another person and receiving unequal treatment under the law?
- What effect does injustice have on people and groups?
- How does privilege shape the lives of individuals and groups?
- What additional progress has to happen for everyone to live in a just society?
- Why do we feel empathy for others when they are mistreated?
- How would society be affected if no one took responsibility for standing up for others?
- What happens when we speak up to bigotry and what happens when we do not?
- How can people with less power stand up to people with more power?
- Why do some people stand up to prejudice and unfairness while others choose not to?