These subtle clues can help you identify a child in need.
Your student may be bullied if he or she:
- leaves school with torn, damaged or missing clothing, books or other belongings;
- has unexplained cuts, bruises, and scratches;
- has few, if any, friends with whom to spend time;
- seems afraid to be in school, leave school, ride the school bus, or take part in organized activities with peers;
- has lost interest in school work or suddenly begins to perform poorly;
- appears sad, moody, teary or depressed;
- complains frequently of headaches, stomach aches, or other physical ailments; or
- avoids the cafeteria and/or doesn't eat.