- How is my life easier or more difficult based on who I am and where I was born?
- How does the use of chains by slave owners influence the decision of enslaved people to try and escape?
- How does the use of chains by slave owners influence how enslaved people see themselves?
- Why is running away seen as a form of resistance?
- How important is resistance to the lives of enslaved people?
- Why is a literate enslaved person potentially problematic for slave owners? Does knowledge make a person more powerful?